Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oreo Cookie Truffles

Look, I am keeping my word! A real post!

Last night I made these Oreo Cookie Truffles, and I am so proud of them.
These are by far the best ones I have made yet!
I'm glad I ended up with extras, because Andrew and I ate them all up :) And here's how to do it:


First, you need to crush up a bunch of Oreos. From my past experience I have figured out that you need 3 cookies to make 2 bites, so I crushed up 18 Oreos.
I used to do this by hand, but my mom found this tiny food processor for me, hidden in the dark corners of the kitchen. It's amazing!!
The finished product should look like this
Look how uniform and beautiful the crumbs are!
Then you need to add cream cheese. Again, from past experience I have found the best balance to be to add 1 ounce of cream cheese for every 4 cookies used. So I added a little bit more than 4 ounces. A word of warning: use regular cream cheese only! The kind that comes in bars. The spreadable kind in a tub may seem easier, but the consistency is all wrong and your truffles will not bind.
I whipped this up in the tiny food processor a little bit, so it would be easier to handle.
 Then you knead it together, just like the regular cake pop "dough". Now, when I was adding my cream cheese I did not take into account that I was using Double-Stuff Oreos, so my "dough" came out pretty mushy...
Don't worry about the shine, it has something do do with using cream cheese. They are not an oily mess though, I promise :)
It was all OK though, because after about 15 minutes in the fridge they firmed right up. From there on out it was pretty much the same as making regular cake bites
Dip

Drop

And top!
And of course the final step:
The taste test! Soo goood :)
After seeing all the Oreo crumbs mixed in with my dipping chocolate at the end, I got a great idea: Cookies n' Cream candy melts! I will definitely be trying this in the future, maybe on regular chocolate cake pops.

So that's it! Easy Oreo Cookie Truffles :) Thanks for reading, and don't forget to find me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment