Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nutty Bars

This week, for Andrew's brother's birthday, I made some Pops out of Nutty Bars!
"Classic crunchy wafer bars, full of the great taste of peanut butter enrobed in fudge"
They were a hit! Everyone loved them, and I even got a request to make more for his party this weekend :)
I made these guys much like the Oreo Cookie Bites.
First I crushed them up into fine crumbs in my tiny food processor.

This is the result - a kind of grainy, oatmeal looking mixture.
I found that they were really crumbly by themselves, so I added a little bit of peanut butter as a binder. This made them roll up nicely into little Nutty Bar balls
You can see all the crunchy bits mixed in there - it gave them a really nice texture :)
I might have put too much though, because they were really mushy mushy haha. Like the Oreos, though, they firmed up nicely in the fridge and every thing was OK. They even behaved and stayed on the sticks for me :)

Here they are all dipped on my pretty new stand from KC Bakes! :)
It is so much better than Styrofoam!

After the final decorations - it was so hard not to eat them right away!
One word about these pops. You do have to put them in the fridge to get them firm enough to dip, but then that makes them too hard to eat. Unlike the frosting, the peanut butter hardens up a lot in the fridge and turns the cake pops into little rocks on sticks. So I would suggest leaving them out for at least 30 minutes before eating :)
Once they are defrosted, go ahead and take a big bite!
Overall, these were really fun to make, and delicious too :) I think they might become a fan favorite, based on the response so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment